This homemade lemon blueberry baked oatmeal is easy to make and a great breakfast to meal prep at the beginning of the week! Stay a bit and figure out how to make this sweet and lemony breakfast dish.
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for new breakfast ideas. It can get old eating the same old scrambled eggs every day. Especially on the weekends and having snow days, I like to spice it up a bit with what I make. With that being said, I feel like baked oatmeal is a fun new recipe to add to your breakfast rotation!
Oatmeal is such a great ingredient to keep on hand in your pantry. There are so many things you can make with it. Homemade energy balls or energy bars are a great one! Another great recipe with oatmeal is banana oat pancakes! The list goes on and on! Put it on your grocery list every week to just have on hand and watch how much fun you have making things on a whim!
Why You Will Love This Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal! Besides the taste, that is! Here are a few…
- This recipe is very versatile. I feel like I say that all of my recipes are versatile, but that is definitely not a mistake. When creating a recipe, I try to make it that it can be used for many different meals. With this recipe, the sweetener can be either maple syrup or honey. Both work great. It is whatever you prefer and whatever you have on hand. Also, this recipe is lemon blueberry but just take away the lemon juice, lemon zest, and blueberries and you have a great base to add in whatever you want!
- This lemon blueberry baked oatmeal is easy. I love recipes that do not require the wet and dry ingredients to be separated. This recipe can be mixed up all in one bowl.
- This is a great meal prep recipe! After you have the oatmeal made, cut it into squares the size you would like them, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in a freezer friendly bag. Then, get out the night before to thaw!
Honey / Maple Syrup
Tools You Will Need To Make This Baked Oatmeal
Large Mixing Bowl
8×8 Inch Pan
How To Make This Recipe Step – By – Step
Firstly, add all ingredients, except the blueberries, to a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Next, fold in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into a greased 8×8 inch pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Suggestions for This Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
There are so many great ways to eat baked oatmeal, here are a few ways that I love!
- Of course, the classic baked oatmeal and milk combo. You can’t go wrong with that! That is one of my favorite ways to eat it!
- If you are looking to add a little more protein to this dish, you can top it with a high protein yogurt or even with a little bit of cottage cheese. I have been loving cottage cheese recently!
- Another great way to eat this would be to top it with some store bought or homemade whipped cream! That would be yummy if you are wanting a sweeter option! Almost like having French toast.
- Also simply eating it warm and by itself is just as good of an option as all the others!
Oatmeal Add In Suggestions
Like I said above, if you take away the lemon juice, lemon zest, and blueberries in this recipe, you have a great base for your own homemade oatmeal! The add ins for oatmeal really are endless, although let me give you a few suggestions – fresh fruit of any kind, pecans, almonds, chocolate chips, mashed banana, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds! There are many more that you can do as well! Let me know which ones are your favorite!
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the blueberries, into a large mixing bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the cup of blueberries until fully mixed in throughout.
- Then, pour the batter into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Baked until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temp! Both tastes great!